Lyme Journal

Letters To Strangers 2016 ~ Montana Letter

Letters To Strangers 2016 ~ Montana Letter

This effort was discussed in my recent post about my trip to DC last week, and is described in further detail in a post from May of last year.  My letter was updated this year and some of the Montana patients active with Northern Rockies Lyme Disease Coalition efforts shared their photos to help further […]

#ChrisBitesLyme ~ Enderswordman ~ Christopher #LymeDiseaseChallenge’d Tobuscus, Kid President, and EvanTube

#ChrisBitesLyme ~ Enderswordman ~ Christopher #LymeDiseaseChallenge’d Tobuscus, Kid President, and EvanTube

Christopher was almost ready for the Lyme Disease Challenge to start March 1 (www.lymediseasechallenge.org).  He made two videos in advance to give instructions, but then got sick.  Then I got sick.   His sister got her video done, so she could challenge some friends early on. Then the challenge started and a number of Lyme […]

Christopher’s Videos About the Lyme Disease Challenge (ChrisBitesLyme)

Christopher’s Videos About the Lyme Disease Challenge (ChrisBitesLyme)

I posted in early 2015 about about Christopher’s New Year’s Resolution, as emailed to me by his third grade teacher, to raise awareness for Lyme Disease through a gaming channel he plans to start on YouTube.  He also, very sweetly, planned to donate 99% of his profits to Lyme Disease awareness, using the other 1% […]

Unfashionably Ill ~ Your Best and Worst (Looking) Moments?  Pajamas, Strategies, and Illegal Yoga Pants…

Unfashionably Ill ~ Your Best and Worst (Looking) Moments? Pajamas, Strategies, and Illegal Yoga Pants…

Consciously or not, pajamas and lounge-wear gradually become important topics, and important assets, when illness has you stuck in your house or stuck in bed. Strategies gradually arise for rotating pajamas and for layering them with clothing, should the need arise (say, for grabbing groceries, rushing to the pharmacy, or picking up kids). As trivial […]

Photos and Videos from Philadelphia Lyme Protest

In October, I posted links about the Philadelphia rally (before, during, and after), but I didn’t get around to posting many photos directly to this blog.  I did put links to some of the facebook photo albums (on the Invisibly Lyme Montana facebook page) in past posts, but here they are again, with a link to […]

My Son’s New Year’s Resolution for Lyme Awareness

My Son’s New Year’s Resolution for Lyme Awareness

My son’s teacher took the time to type and email my son’s resolution from a project in class, and it truly melts my heart.  It’s certainly not easy for either of my kids to have a mom with Lyme disease. Christopher’s Resolution ~ (9 years old, 3rd grade) My New Year’s resolution is to finally […]

Asking IDSA for Change ~ Video is Up: Lyme Disease IDWeek Protest Philadelphia 2014

Saturday’s protest included Lyme patients and loved ones from across the country, together to ask IDSA to revise guidelines for Lyme disease diagnosis, treatment, and care. Too many patients are misdiagnosed, their care delayed and lives destroyed. IDSA needs to incorporate current available science…